Monday, August 1, 2011

Our District and Zone

Our district leader was Elder Hardy and his companion was Elder Davis.  Elder Davis was actually called as an English missionary but was switched to Spanish for a couple of transfers.  It was really hard for him because he didn't know any Spanish at all and he had kind of a hick accent, but he was super cool.  Elder Hardy was a good DL and we had a lot of fun in our district.  At one of our meetings we played Jeopardy and I ended up getting two song questions, and had to sing Book of Mormon Stories and I'm a Little Teapot (the second one without laughing - I didn't make it).

Our zone leaders were Elder Harnos and Elder Phillips.  There was one elder from my MTC district in this zone, Elder Marsh.  He's the tall one in the middle of the back row.

We had zone conference every transfer.  Usually the zones from each area of the mission (Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island) would meet together - I think there were usually about 3 zones in each area.  This picture was from my first zone conference and we actually combined with Brooklyn for this one.  All the sisters there got together for a picture.  The one on the far left is Sister Morrow, our mission president's wife.  Two of my future companions are also in this picture: Sister Allred and Sister Ivanova.

No comments: