Friday, February 26, 2010

Entering the MTC


I entered the MTC on September 15, 2004. When we got there, I can admit I was super nervous. My whole family came to drop me off and this was before the new rule of just dropping the missionary off at the curb, so they were able to come in with me. My mom put my nametag on (complete with dork dot) and then we waited in a line (there were a lot of lines that day).

Finally we got into a room where they show a video to all the missionaries and their families. It was all too short, because after it was over we had to say goodbye. It was rough. I'm not much of a crier, but I had a hard time keeping the tears back. Actually I cried through pretty much every line I had to go through until I got to my dorm.

It was all pretty overwhelming, but it helped that I saw a few people that I knew along the way, who had already been there for a few weeks.

My companion was Hermana McKeeth and she was the best! She was from Boise and was so fun and such a hard worker. She was a great example of a good missionary. She served in Philadelphia.

The other sisters in our dorm and district were Hermana Christensen and Hermana Anderson. They were both really cute and fun. They served in Spain, and left for the Madrid MTC after 3 weeks with us.

No comments: