Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Area #2 - Midwood, Brooklyn

Midwood was smack dab in the middle of Brooklyn, but our area went all the way down to the coast (Coney Island).  We lived in a house right next to the church, which was so nice.  The Spanish sisters (us) lived on the third floor in the back in a small apartment.  The English sisters (there were 4 of them), lived on the second and third floors in the front of the house.  Their part was much bigger than ours.  The Bishop's Storehouse was in the back on the first floor, and the Family History Center was on the first floor in the front.





I ended up being in Midwood for 6 months and it was one of my favorite areas.  The ward there was much bigger than the branch in Freeport.  There was a 10-year-old girl named Nerissa who played the piano in sacrament meeting (just the top hand).  She was super cute and loved sister missionaries because she wanted to go on a mission when she was older.  (She's the one next to me in this picture.)

During the time I was in Midwood I had 2 companions: Sister Allred and Sister Auna (my greenie! in the picture above).

No comments: